Dates: October 17- 30th
Ever wanted to experience India but didn’t know where to start? Do you Enjoy insider ‘off the beaten trail’ activities? Are you open and adventure oriented?
This trip, organized by K.I.A.R. program director, art professor, Yogini, writer, organizer, and dancer Emily Schuhmann will give guests a local and personalized experience of five cities in India: Rishikesh (in the foothills of the Himalayan mountains and birthplace of Yoga), Agra (home of the Taj Mahal), Jaipur (the pink city), Delhi (capital city of India) and Chennai/Tamil Nadu (a beautiful beach destination full of colorful temples).
This Guided Trip focuses efforts on facilitating one on one interactions between guests and locals as well as local culture/s. Travel time on this journey is streamlined and minimized: giving participants ample time to explore each city either with the group or on their own. Our journey begins in Delhi with car rides to Agra, Jaipur, and Rishikesh where we’ll enjoy site-seeing, hiking, yoga, culture and religious events (like Ganga Arti). Perhaps we may even swim in a pristine waterfall (*depending on the weather conditions).
From there we travel to Tamil Nadu by plane and automobile where we’ll visit colorful temples and other historic locations and where we can relax and take in the beautiful beach views.
Plenty of self directed time will be available to participants as will compassionate and respectful guidance and information about what to expect in terms of culture differences and traditions.
Other aspects to look forward to:
- See, Hear, Smell, Feel, and Participate in INDIA: walk the streets, ride in a rickshaw (and maybe on a motor cycle…) drink milk chai from a stand- have a fresh made samosa
- Shop the spice markets, craft markets, and fabric centers
- Meet Locals
- Stay in the birthplace of Yoga
- Enjoy Kirtan (singing) sessions, Yoga, and Meditation
- Learn about the Hindu gods and goddesses
- Experience visual art in almost every aspect of your day
- Participate in Ganga Arti Ceremony
- Meditate on the Banks of the Ganga and on the shores of the Bay of Bengal (at the Beach!)
- Eat Amazing Vegetarian and Locally Grown Foods
- Enjoy ‘insider’ information about where to go and what to do
- Explore the abandoned “Beatles Ashram”
- Hike nature trails in the foothills of the Himalayas (and possibly see a waterfall or two)
- Be welcomed in temples and enjoy an occasional personalized blessing
- Travel in the comfort of a small carefully curated group
- Make Authentic Connections with your fellow travelers
- Express and Explore your Creativity
- Experience the ‘Magic’ of India!
Full Schedule will be available soon.
Once our journey is completed participants will have the ability to stay an additional week or two for the Artist Workshops.